Purpose of School-Community Forum:
- Create an understanding and awareness of both school and community agency services that support the non-academic needs of students.
- Obtain agency and community support in developing a K-12 spectrum of services that address student need and reduce duplication of current services.
- Provide a platform to gain community input and reach consensus on common needs of students, as well as to identify barriers that impede effectively addressing needs.
Forum Workgroup and Sub committees Plan:
- Set a common vision to meet identified problem areas and reduce noted challenges and barriers.
- Build a K-12 framework, county-wide, to assess student needs and provide interventions across the spectrum of services.
- Determine how best to plug in current agency services and partner to create innovative interventions (after school, community, youth led etc.)
- Develop a specific plan and the tools necessary to move from framework concept to implementation.
Current School-Community Forum Partner List
Ravenwood Health, Job and Family Services, Family Pride Behavioral Health; Geauga County CASA, Geauga County Juvenile Court, Catholic Charities, Ubuntu, Geauga Parks, United Way, University Hospitals, Geauga Mental Health and Recovery Board, Geauga County Sheriff’s Office, Chardon Police, Chardon Municipal Court, Metzenbaum Center, YAC, Cardinal, Berkshire, Chardon, West Geauga, Kenston Local Schools, Lake Geauga Recovery Center, Life Act.